VIDEO:Friendship Cards | Repeat Stamping with Embossing Glitters with Erica

Hi friends!

It’s Erica on the WOW! Blog with a couple of friendship cards today. There is also a video up on the WOW! YouTube channel.


This month’s theme is Repeat Stamping, and for those of you who know me, know I love doing this!  I have used a stamp set from Mama Elephant called Friend Indeed, and a gorgeous array of glitter powders. Mermaid Tails, Seaglass, Splash and Calypso. Two shades of Calypso actually. One old tub and one new.



With the help of a MISTI or stamping tool, repeat stamping is so easy and fun. Adding embossing powder or glitter to it, makes it extra fabulous! 


On the first one I stamped up the image with the Embossing Pad and then sprinkled the glitter powder on them. In the order of Calypso, Seaglass and Mermaid Tails. I used the heat tool on top of this, instead of heating it from underneath. I thought I had made a big mistake of mixing the Seaglass and Mermaid Tails as the smaller, lighter glitter pieces looked like Seaglass. It turns out that I didn’t but I did not realise this before I added more Seaglass and Calypso to it to make a custom blend. 

On the second I decided to stamp with a coloured ink first, Distress Oxides in Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon, and then use the Embossing Pad on top with the custom blend. This time I did heat it from underneath and it turned out fabulous! 


To finish off the cards I used several of the small stamps from the stamp set, in the same place on both panels thanks to the MISTI again. I used black ink for this to make them pop. With this done, the final part was to trim off the panels a little before adhering them to white card bases.

So, what do you think I should call my custom blend? Leave me a comment here with a suggestion!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you found some inspiration here and will try your own repeat stamping. Don’t forget to upload your creations in the WOW! Facebook fan group. A random winner gets drawn every month with a gift certificate to the shop up for grabs!

Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/



Comments

  1. Two great cards Erica and love the stamped and embossed large sentiment with all the smaller ones around it, a super design. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment