Tattered Parc Florals with Heather Mitchell

Hello again everyone...
Today I'm back sharing a project I made using the Parc Floral Trio of powders that Wow! produced in collaboration with Sara Naumann.
This is a beautiful trio.  The powders, especially Hydrangea, have a real delicate quality about them.  Now I don't used Yellow a lot in my makes,  I veer towards cool colours and a hot splash of pink or orange now and again so it was a bit out my comfort zone but I love the way the trio's compliment each other beautifully.
The flowers are all die-cut using Tim Holtz 'Tattered Florals' Bigz Die and embossed using the trio.  I've also used other Sara Naumann powders; Sea Turtle for the spiky leaves and Sea Salt some of the other florals.  The colour blend is of a similar tone and I just love them!
The leaves were shaped using  a Tonic Embossing Tool and layered using foam dots and a glue gun.  For the background, I chose to heat emboss a text stamp (I used Visible Images 'Scripted Streets) using Opaque Bright White before adding watery Distress Oxide Ink Pads in Milled Lavender and Shaded Violet.  
From this, I die-cut out a floral flourish from Tim Holtz Alterations Thinlets (#661185) and backed it with Sea Mist, a beautiful turquoise powder. 
With the addition of some adhesive gems and a sentiment made using a Dymo machine, the card was matted onto some dark silver card and then adhered to a 7x7" card blank.
Don't forget to follow Wow! Embossing Powder over on Instagram!  There's daily inspiration and also follow the #wowembossingpowder as then you catch all the makes everyone has tagged Wow! into... and there are some stunning makes out there!!
See you all again soon, H x


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. I love the more subtle colours with the brighter yellow embossing of the flowers and leaves, against the turquoise flourish background. A great combination of colours and shapes Heather. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment