VIDEO: Stay Sparkly (and safe) with Erica

Hi guys!

Erica here, with a post and a video over on the WOW! YouTube channel.


I have some new, fun products to show off and I made a card too! A friend of mine, who lives in Denmark, not only had her own craft shops (happymade.dk)but she has designed a range of stamps, embossing folders and diecuts and she sent me a whole bunch of stuff to play with. I also have a brand spanking new black MISTI and a background stamp from MFT Stamps. OH, and some embossing powders that I have yet to use, duh.

The background stamp I wanted to use is called Knitted Sweater and at first I though I’d do some emboss resist. Buuuuuut, I have done so much ink blending on so many projects (don’t worry, I’m not going to stop. Probably like EVER) so I thought I’d try something different today. I made a background using Copics instead. With the chisel side of the markers I drew fat lines from the top to the bottom, in an ombré way.


Over this I used an anti static tool, before stamping up the Knitted Sweater background with the help of this gloriously beautiful MISTI. I stamped it up with the Embossing Pad and then sprinkled Opaque Bright White Super Fine embossing powder on it. Which I set with my heat tool of course.

To finish off the card I cut out the words ‘Stay Cozy’ using the alphabet dies my friend sent me. These I stamped with my Embossing pad, one my one, on a sheet of acetate. On a separate sheet of paper I sprinkled White Twinkle on them and heated them from underneath.


These I glued down with liquid glue and I thought I’d add some kind of sentiment so it would say something like ‘Stay cozy, my love’ but when I saw it like this, I decided to keep it simple. It makes it more generic and I can send it to whomever I want.


If you want to check out the video, it’s over on the YouTube channel.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have enjoyed this post and found some inspiration. Don’t forget to check out the WOW! Fan Facebook group, where we are hosting a challenge each month. All you have to do to take part is upload a photo of your project into the photo album there and you can win a gift certificate to the WOW! Embossing Powder shop!

That’s it from me, happy crafting from Erica!








Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LBUK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. A very pretty card Erica, and love the ombre background using your Copics and the knitted look with the white embossing over the top, and finished with a beautifully embossed die cut sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment