Coloring a Heat Embossed image with Pencils


Hi everyone! It's Laura Volpes, with my last post as a guest designer for Wow! Embossing Powder. I can't believe that the month has already gone by and I am really grateful for this opportunity! 

The card I made today features some coloring with Prismacolor pencils of a heat embossed image. Let's take a look at how I created it! 


As a first step, I heat embossed the image in the Aloha stamp set by Studio Katia with Vanilla White embossing powder. I used vanilla rather than white because I was working on Neenah Desert Storm cardstock and I really love how they look together. 
For my coloring today I decided to use Prismacolor pencils. I used bright colors and stroking motions to create lots of texture.
Once I was done coloring, I die cut the image with the coordinating dies.


For the front panel of my card, I die cut some more Neenah Desert Storm cardstock with the Heffy Doodle Imperial Stitched Rectangles. I then cut a window in it with one of the dies in the Studio Katia Dotted Patterns Set 3 dies. 
For the window background I blended Distress Oxides in Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers on some Neenah Desert Storm cardstock.




I then added some splatters with white acrylic paint to both the front and the background panel. I also blended white pigment ink on the edges of the card front.
For the sentiment I used the Studio Katia Lovely Word dies. I coated it with embossing ink and embossed it with Vanilla White powder. The result is nice and glossy and it matches perfectly the heat embossed images.
I decorated the card front with some Rainbow Crystal Sequins by Studio Katia and that finished off my card!

And that's it for today! I really hope you liked my inspiration throughout the month of March - I had a blast creating with Wow! Embossing Powders!
Thank you all for stopping by and have a great day!

Laura

SUPPLIES

Comments