Birthday Card with Sparkly Emboss Resist Background

Hi everyone! It's Laura Volpes, and today I am back with my second post as a guest designer for the month of March here on the Wow! Embossing blog!
My card today was inspired by this month's challenge theme: New To Me, which prompted me to use for the first time my Seaglass Embossing powder. Why haven't I used it before?! SOOO pretty!

By the way, if you want to enter the challenge, you can do so on the Wow! Embossing Powder Fans Facebook Group!
I started off my card by creating the background. I stamped the image in the My Favorite Things Wavy Coloring Book Background stamp with Wow! Embossing Ink, I coated it with Seaglass embossing powder and I heat set the powder with my heat gun. The embossing powder has some glitter in it, which added so much fun and sparkle to my card!

I then ink blended the edges of the background panel with Spectrum Noir Harmony Ink in the color Frozen Lake - the perfect shade to match my heat embossed background!
Next, I stamped and colored images from the My Favorite Things Birthday Buds stamp set. I used my Illustrator alcohol markers and Spectrum Noir Alcohol Proof Black Ink. Here is the lisf of the markers I used

Elephant: BG8, BG6, BG4, BG2
Mouse: BG4, BG2
Bird:  BG4, BG2, LY3, LY1
Yellow: GY4, GY2, LY3, LY1
Pink: AP4, AP3, AP1, PP5, PP3, PP1

To create some birthday balloons for my sweet critters, I I used dies from the Studio Katia Dotted Balloons and Shaker Balloon sets. I colored them with the same colors I used for the accents on my critters and I tied them to the elephant's trunk using some black thread.
Lastly, I coated the balloons with a glitter pen to add some fun sparkle.
I created the sentiment by heat embossing one of the greetings in the Birthday Buds stamp set with Opaque Bright White embossing powder over some black cardstock. I rounded the corners of the sentiment banner with a Corner Chomper.
For an extra fun touch, I used White Puff Embossing powder over the pom-poms on the birthday hats that the mouse and the elephant are wearing. For a precise application of my embossing ink, I used Wow!'s embossing pen - so convenient!

I raised my images and my sentiment banner over some foam tape, and that finished off my card! The picture above is an attempt to show you all the sparkle on the background - as always glitter is camera shy and so much more striking in real life!

And that's it for today! I really hope you like this card and enjoyed the post - I had loads of fun creating it! I will catch you all next week for my third post on the Wow! blog!
Thank you all for stopping by and have a great day!

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LBUK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. How sweet and pretty Laura, and great colouring by you which shows off the images beautifully, and I love the glittery background stamping and the added balloon strings and bow, and the white on black sentiment to finish. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment