VIDEO: Creating Embossed Shakers with Jenny Colacicco

Hi Everyone!

I'm excited to share another glimpse at the new powders coming your way from WOW! Embossing in collaboration with Seth Apter!  The powders I'm focusing on today are just stunning. They come in a trio and are Cosmic themed including Space Dust, Blue Moon and Sea of Tranquility.  They have large clear crystals and emboss to a slightly matte, gritty finish. Here's a close up!


 You may have been luck to see these at Creativation up close - they really need to be seen in real life to be believed! These panels are just one layer on white cardstock.


For my project, I created a galaxy (of course) shaker card.  I wanted a masculine feeling Valentine's card for my husband and these powders were just perfect!


I've created a video of the process, which you can see here or over on the WOW! Embossing YouTube channel.



To create the card, I first created the background using an A2 panel of Navy textured cardstock, which I splattered liberally with Antique Gold Spray (Altenew) and white acrylic paint mixed with water.  I also edged the panel with Distress Black Soot ink, leaving a lighter area in the middle.


I used the My Favorite Stamps Heart Shaker set (two dies - a heart, a frame, plus a plastic heart bubble) for my shaker. I die cut the heart from the centre and then adhered the shaker bubble to the inside of the panel with liquid adhesive.

It was then time to create my shaker pieces!   I inked up three strips of white cardstock (around 2"x4") with WOW! Embossing ink by swiping my ink pad, and then heat embossed them in each of the powders. I also repeated this on the other side. 


I ran the pieces through a die cutting machine with small shape dies (by Waffle Flower and Holiday Shapes by Simon Says Stamp) several times to make lots of shaker pieces.  When I had enough, I filled up the bubble, and as a finishing touch, I sprinkled in some Earth Sparkles in Marlin.  I then closed it up with a black panel of card stock.


My sentiment is from the WOW! Embossing Round and Round stamp set, heat embossed in WOW! Metallic Pale Rich Gold embossing powder on black, then popped up on foam strips to the front of the card.

My aim with this card was to use the colors to mimic the Earth in space, and I think I pulled it off, what do you think?

Jenny

Supplies







Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. The Seth Apter EP's definitely have the wow factor and your galaxy is so pretty with the gold and silver embossing Jenny and the shaker element looks fantastic. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment