Time with Heather

Hello everyone and a (slightly belated) happy 2020 to you all!



I'm sharing a card I made to celebrate the new year and I've used the gorgeous Black Magic and Metallic Gold Rich embossing powders as I wanted the richness of the gold and a subtle twinkle of the Black Magic.




To create the background I stamped the time tunnel stamp onto white smooth card using the Ultra Slow Embossing Pad from Wow!  With the larger grained powders like Black Magic,  I usually begin to melt them from underneath and then once it's begun to melt I heat from above.  This stops some of the larger grains being blown away as then you lose the speckled appearance.  

I used Brusho's to add the colour and I'm fairly new to these and have learnt very quickly that a few crystals go a long way but wowsers, the intense colour you get is amazing!  



With the Brusho's dry, I used a little Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink around the edges to fill in any spaces and splattered on some Brushed Pewter Distress Spray Stain and a little shimmer mist to add to the galaxy feel of the card.  


For the lettering, I took the 'TIME' stamp from Visible Image and, having already created another Brusho background, heat embossed it using Black Magic once more.  Having trimmed it into separate letters, I added a small piece of cheese cloth underneath just to break up the colours and added the letters using foam tape.




The stars around the edge come courtesy of  another Visible Image stamp set, 'Rock Out', and have been embossed using the beautiful Metallic Gold Rich.  I also used the Wow! Embossing pen to add small lines on the edge of the card which I also embossed using the gold powder.  This just frames the card a little and ties it all together.





To finish, I've taken a white permanent pen to add a few scribbly bits to the time tunnel and the letters before matting the image onto white and black card and a card blank.



I decided to add the stars to the inside of the card too as I feel it just helps to finish any make! 




Thanks for joining me... I'll see you all again soon! 

Heather x


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB



Comments

  1. I love the colours with the blue Brushos and the gold and black heat embossing and a a beautiful finished card Heather. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, this is WONDERFUL! Love the spiraling clock image and all your beautiful blue background and gold stars!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment