Embossed Die-Cut Inlay Card with Guest Designer Daniel West

Please welcome our very first guest designer for the year Daniel West. We are super excited for him to join us for the month. You are in for a super treat as he has created weekly projects for you each Wednesday so don't forget to not only check back in here on our blog.

Hi!  I'm Daniel West, from Providence, Rhode Island. In March of 2018, I began stamping and making cards after a friend of mine showed me her own videos and tutorials. Now, cardmaking has captured my heart and given me an artistic outlet for the creativity I had hidden away inside. I have found the crafting community so very warm, welcoming and encouraging. I hope to continue this same spirit and help inspire other beginning cardmakers with my videos and cards. Along with sitting at my workspace delighting over paper, stamps, and ink, I pastor a church full-time, and lead my family, Paula, Helena, Jake and Micah, to serve God and our city with love.
--------------------------
Hey, it's Daniel here from delandartie.com, happy to be the January Creative Guest Designer here at WOW! What a great privilege to get to share some designs with WOW! Embossing Powder.
Today, I want to show you an Embossed Die-Cut Inlay Card I created with Bang from the WOW! Trio Confetti. I am absolutely thrilled with the result when melting this powder on a a solid die cut piece of cardstock.
I wanted to use it with the large pieces made with the Love You to Pieces die from Concord and 9th. So I ran a piece of 110 lb cardstock through my die cutting machine and it cut them beautifully.
I took the larger piece of each letter and wet them direct to pad with my bone folder. I pressed them into the pad until they were completely covered. 
Next, I poured the Bang embossing powder over each letter and melted the powder with a heat gun. 
Most of the large chunky pieces of the powder flew off when I hit them with the air. 

When the melted powder was still tacky, I pressed each die cut back into the powder and picked up the chunky pieces. Then, I melted the them smooth with the heat tool.
The result was fantastic!! Check out the result of this powder on the large die-cut. It's thrilling!! 
I trimmed down a piece of gray cardstock to 4" x 5 1/4"  and adhered the outline die cut with liquid adhesive. Then, I placed the embossed pieces inside. I stamped the sentiment onto the front of the banner die piece with Catherine Pooler Aquatini Ink. 
To finish off the card, I popped up the banner and heart pieces with dimensional adhesive and glued it all to the front of an A2-sized card base. 
Thanks so much for hanging out with me for a few minutes. I hope you're inspired to play with this Trio Confetti embossing powder. Next week, I'll be sharing a card with another part of this trio.  

Love is in the air all month! If you fell in love with this Trio, you can pick it up with the links below!

We can connect at all the socials with moniker: @delandartie
Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB




Comments

  1. Beautifully done! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, I love the silver sparkles in the tourquoise letters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the colors and technique! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being the GD this month Daniel and I adore the look of this card with the large stylish die cut sentiment and the beautiful blue glittery embossing against the grey card and finished perfectly with the banner sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment