Folk Art Cards by Jaine

2019 has gone by like a whirlwind, but along the way there have been many things to celebrate with WOW! as well as many blog hops with some fantastic companies. In December the team are bringing you a few designs using some of our favourite products from this year's blog hops and this has to be one of my favourite stamp designs. It's from a stamp set called Cottage Garden by Newton's Nook Designs and I adored it the moment I saw it! Full of folk art images the possibilities for patterns are endless.

For our Facebook challenge using silver or gold this month, I used the same stamp set arranging it in a square formation. This is easy to do with small stamps and gives you that Scandinavian Folk Art look which is very effective at Christmas.


Here's a simple way to do it. Draw a grid onto a piece of card and use this to stamp the images onto.


To achieve different colours, I stamped and sprinkled embossing powder without heating, leaving it altogether to heat set! This avoids over heating any parts of embossing powder.


It's a very pretty look and one which I love.


I also thought I'd have a little fun with the stamp set and created this simple design below.

 

I hope you all have a very happy Christmas season and look forward to the new year.

Jaine x 


Comments

  1. Great cards Jaine with these cute animals and flowers and they definitely have that folk art feel, and such pretty colours too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment