Travel Card by Heather

Hello everyone again... seems Wow! can't shake me off just yet so I'm back with some more inspiration.
I know everyone's attention has turned to Christmas but we've just returned from a little getaway and my daughter is constantly travelling and the other one is following in her footsteps so I thought a travel themed card was apt.

The background for the card was an old one I previously made using Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink Pads.  I have this grungy 'technique' I like to use where I smooch the ink pads directly onto watercolour card and then spritzed on water and wiggle around to get some good drips going.
For a bit of shine, I spritzed on some Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels before placing an Aall & Create stencil, #45, over the card and swiping more Peacock Feathers ink over.  To add more texture (as I'm a texture fiend) I took some old packaging and spread modelling paste through it before drying.
Using another Aall & Create stencil, #40, I've used a make-up sponge to dab the Wow! Embossing Pad through (and it's fabulously slow drying time really aids you when working with something like this as I know it's safe to work it for a while and it won't dry out).  Remove the stencil and sprinkle on  The Vintage Peacock embossing powder and heat set.
With the background sorted, I could start adding the focal point of the card.
After die-cutting the globe, I coloured it using a mixture of Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide Spray Stain (for the sea) and Derwent Inktense pencils (land).  Then swiped the Wow! Embossing Pad over the entire surface and covered in Ultra Shimmer powder.
I decided to layer it using some cheesecloth and vellum to help the globe stand out more and then I decided the sentiment was pronounced enough so I heat embossed it again using the gorgeous Oceanic powder this time and secured to the card using foam tape.
Once assembled, the edges were inked using a black ink pad and there you have it!
I'll be back soon with another making using the gorgeous Wow! products!!
Heather xx

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif

Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. This is a gorgeous travel themed card Heather and I adore the colours and texture, and the globe is just perfect and looks great over the top, and the vellum and cheesecloth adds more dimension and texture too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mixed media card, I love the sparkly globe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment