Crochet Emboss Resist with Gemma

Today I'm excited to share a card using a stamp set that I designed for WOW Embossing! It’s called Simply Sew. I used the November Facebook challenge of Emboss Resist technique for my card.


On a panel of card, I used WOW clear embossing ink to stamp the ball of wool from the WOW Simply Sew stamp set. I then heat embossed it with WOW Opaque Bright White embossing powder.


I chose a rainbow of distress inks - picked raspberry, candied apple, squeezed lemonade, peacock feathers and wilted violet.

I blended ink over the panel. Where the embossed wool is, it will resist the ink and stay white. I then used a small brush to paint over areas of the wool with water. This will remove some of the ink in those areas, for a bleached look.


On another piece of card, I used the Lawn Fawn Just Double Stitching Rectangles set to add some detail. I love that stitching dies work so well with the Simply Sew set!



I stamped a crochet hook and stitch marker with Versafine Onyx Black ink on the panel, along with a sentiment from the set. I then heat embossed them with WOW Neutral Ultra Shimmer embossing glitter.

I added both panels to my card base, using some foam tape to pop up the rainbow wool panel.


I hope you’ve enjoyed a look at the WOW Simply Sew stamp set, using the emboss resist technique.

Have a lovely day,
Gemma





Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. I love the beautiful rainbow of bright colours in the background Gemma and the brilliant white balls of wool with emboss resist stand out so prettily, and the crochet hook and sentiment make this a fun and pretty card. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment