In The Pink! By Jaine

Forest themes and Scandinavian design has been on trend for a while now and I love both of these themes. A few weeks ago I participated in a blog hop between WOW! and Newtons Nook Designs using this gorgeous Cottage Garden stamp set. I love how easy it is to build up a pattern using the individual elements and think up new designs.


For the blog hop I went totally Scandi and monochromatic for my design and I think it worked well. 


 However, this time around I thought I'd try something totally different and give it an ombré sort of feel using what other colour than - pink! I wanted to create something bright and bold and had great fun deciding which pinks to go with and after several test pieces I came up with a range I think work best. I absolutely love the way it turned out and how the colours blend into one another. 


Using the Super Smooth card, I started at the top with the lightest shade (I stamped all of my images in one go). The trick I think is to let each shade slightly overlap onto the next so instead of blocks of colour you get more of a blend. Turn the card sideways to tip the powder off so you don't end up colouring areas you don't want to and to keep the colours true. In my design I also used the row of dots from the Hello Lovely stamp set. You could incorporate any stamps you have.


I think it would actually make a great design for a none traditional Christmas card too, it's worth experimenting.

Jaine


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif

Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. I love the way the colours blend from light to dark so prettily Jaine and the folk art kind of images lend themselves to lots of different designs and techniques with endless variety. A beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I loved creating this card as the colours are way out of my usual comfort zone!

      Delete

Post a Comment