Bold and Beautiful by Heather Mitchell


Hello again everyone... Heather here back to share another of my WOW! Guest DT makes!



For these gorgeous butterflies I've used the Metallic Copper powder which is just so mesmerising to watch melt and definitely one of my favourite powders.

I started the make by stamping the 'Wings of Change' butterflies (from Visible Image) onto thick Jupo card using the WOW! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad, sprinkling over the Metallic Copper powder and using a low heat (so as not to warp the Jupo) gently heat embossed.


I then painted the butterflies using cool coloured alcohol inks to contrast with the warm copper and trimmed them from the Jupo.


For the background, I've used Distress Oxides to create a textured look and then splattered white gesso and silver Distress Spray Oxides for extra texture.  To add another layer, I've used a text stamp ('Scripted Streets' from Visible Image) in grey ink.

Once dry, the sentiment was added using WOW! Opaque Bright White and then the background was matted onto an 8x6" card blank.

The butterflies were then attached to the card using foam tape and voila!


The alcohol inks look superb against the Metallic Copper and I'm itching to have another go at this using a different colour way.

Thats's all from me today... thanks for reading and I'll catch up with you next time!




Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif

Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB




Comments

  1. What gorgeous Yupo butterflies Heather and the blue and copper is so pretty, and I love the blue background too which complements them perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! The colours are stunning x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment