Quick Thank You cards with August Guest Designer Erica

Hi everyone!

Erica back on the WOW! Embossing blog today, with my second guest designer post!


For these cards I decided to use up some of all of the backgrounds I have made but never used. If you are anything like me, it's likely you have a stash or two yourself. And word diecuts? Ay, Mama... I have the same issue with these. I have a massive stash of them too. Once I get on a roll, it's hard to stop. One of my favourites is Big Thanks wafer dies from Simon Says Stamp.

So, what to do with all of these? I use them when I need a card like yesterday, add a little dazzle-dazzle with a heat embossed sentiment and done! Quick, efficient AND fast. Which is the inspiration behind these cards!


I started with cutting out rectangles out of all the panels, using the second biggest one from Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle diecuts and made a matching number of card bases out of black card stock. I use Lawn Fawn's Black Licorice for these and a big bunch of Everyday Sentiment Banners.

I love the look of white heat embossing on black card stock so that's the first ones I did.


Using a Simon Says Stamp set called Big Thanks Word, I heat embossed one of the sentiments on all of the banners using Opaque Bright White regular embossing powder. And then to match some of my black and gold diecuts, I also used Metallic Gold Rich regular embossing powder on the other half.


Black and gold is another fave combo, it's just so elegant and classic. Plus it matched some of the diecuts I wanted to use.


Heat embossing is such a great way to dress up a card, when it needs a little something extra. It just wouldn't look as great with just stamping, right? Plus it feels nice when you run your finger over it.


I have a video of the making of two of these cards, including more panel making (I can't help myself!) on my YouTube channel.


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to use up some of your backgrounds. With a quick heat embossed sentiment you can have a card done in less than five minutes. Yes, really!


Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica




You can find me on various social media, links down below. Come say hi! 



Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 bloggr.png email.png facebook.png  instagram.png  twitter.png  youtube.png  pinterest.png


Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB




Comments

Post a Comment