In The Pink is the star with August Guest Designer Erica



Hi guys!

Erica here with my last guest designer post for August. Wahhh!! It’s gone by far too fast!

For this post I have made two cards, with the same embossing powder as the star of the show, but in different ways. This one, In The Pink, is sadly no longer available BUT there is a huge range of sparkly embossing powders to choose from instead so don't despair!

On the first card I started by cutting out a big sentiment diecut four times out of white card stock. The one I used is from Altenew and is called Mega Hello.


Three of these I layered together using the Glue Tube from Lawn Fawn. It’s easier to use a liquid glue when layering dies up, as you get a little bit of time to adjust any stray pieces and make sure they are as straight as possible. 

The fourth one I placed on a sheet of acetate and smothered with embossing ink, making sure it was very well covered before sprinkling the In The Pink embossing powder all over it. And I really do mean ‘all over it’.


With the help of some tweezers I picked up the piece and admired it a little bit before heat embossing it. It really does look fabulous both before...


...and after heat embossing. 


This gloriously pink and sparkly layer I adhered to the white stack of diecuts, using the same Glue Tube adhesive. I placed it slightly off-centre to create that white shadow, to help highlight the word. With this finished, it was time to work on a background and I thought a white one would not make the ‘hello’ pop the way it deserves. To make it really stand out, I picked out a matte black card stock called Black Velvet from Tonic Studios.

On this I stencilled a little bit of Mother Of Pearl Embellishment Mousse, also from Tonic Studios, with the help of a Life Changing Blender Brush from Picket Fence Studios. The stencil is called Grid and is from Simon Says Stamp.


When the Embellishment Mousse was dry, I simply adhered my sparkly Hello with more gluetube adhesive and the card was done. Easy peasy but so fun! The black background really makes the whole thing pop, I think.


My second card is really quick, but uses the same In The Pink embossing powder. With a little bit of help from white EP too.

On a white panel I heat embossed the Mesmerizing Mandala stamp from MFT Stamps, it almost doesn’t need anything else does it??


This panel I trimmed down a little bit so there would be a border at the top and the bottom of the card. I wanted a coloured card base to peek out. The one I settled on is made out of Fog card stock from Simon Says Stamp.

While I had the In The Pink embossing powder out, I also heat embossed the ‘Celebrate’ from a Neat & Tangled Set, also called Celebrate, on a piece of vellum. This stamp set has a coordinating diecut that cuts out the word and a shadow frame around it. I used the shadow part to cut out both the vellum piece and another one out of black card stock to layer up with the vellum piece. The black card stock is called Black Licorice and is from Lawn Fawn.


In white embossing powder I heat embossed the sentiment ‘it’s your birthday’ on another piece of black card stock. This I cut out using a banner die from the Everyday Sentiment Banner dies. Whilst layering these up on the card I realised that the ‘Celebrate’ piece was not on flat due to being added on top of the banner. To even it up I cut out another piece and trimmed off the bottom a bit.


Once that was adhered to the ‘Celebrate’ piece it was a quick glue job and the card was done. It looks so much better with that supporting piece evening it out and making it flatter. And nobody is none the wiser! Well, apart from you guys reading this, lol.


I love that it is so easy to create high impact cards with very little effort thanks to all the fabulous colours and sparkles to choose from in the WOW! Embossing Powder arsenal. Which one is your favourite colour? Leave me a comment and let me know which one you love and can’t live without.

That’s it from me for today and this month. If you have missed any of my other posts, HERE is the first one and HERE is the second one. If you want to hang out with me on social media you can find me on Instagram, YouTube and Facebook. Come say hello!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope this post inspired you to get sparkly in the craft room!

Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 bloggr.png email.png facebook.png  instagram.png  twitter.png  youtube.png  pinterest.png


Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB




Comments

  1. I love both cards Erica, buti particularly the dramatic look of the first with the black card and prettily embossed sentiment, and the mandala makes a wonderful background to more super embossed sentiments on the second. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment