Rainbow Balloons Background with Gemma

Today I’m sharing a card using this month’s theme of Favourite WOW! Technique. I chose the embossed resist technique for my card, as I think this is a great versatile technique.


I began by inking a panel of white card with a rainbow of distress oxide inks. I used the following colours:

Candied Apple
Dried Marigold
Squeezed Lemonade
Mowed Lawn
Peacock Feathers
Blueprint Sketch
Wilted Violet 

I then dried the panel with the WOW Dual Speed heat tool, ready for embossing.


Next, I used the WOW Clear embossing ink with the Neat & Tangled Balloon Duo stencils to cover the panel with balloons. I then heat embossed them with WOW Clear embossing powder.

With a water spray bottle, I spritzed the panel with lots of water, then blotted it with a paper towel. This removes the colour from the panel but the embossed balloons will resist the water, keeping the strong colour trapped behind. I repeated the process a couple of times, drying the panel with the heat tool in between.


I dried the panel thoroughly, then ran it through my die cutting machine with a Heffy Doodle Stitched Rectangle. I then adhered the panel to my card base.

To finish, I heat embossed a Mama Elephant Birthday Messages sentiment onto black card, using WOW Opaque White Super Fine embossing powder. I adhered this with foam tape, then added some Pretty Pink Posh jewels to finish.


Have a lovely day,
Gemma



Comments

  1. Love this! Such a cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so colourful and pretty Gemma and I love the stencilled emboss resist balloons, and a great idea to spray the background to remove some of the colour, and it gives it interest too, and makes the balloons stand out beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment