Bold Butterflies with Gemma

Today I’m sharing a card using this month’s theme of Foils. I used double sided adhesive to add Bright Gold Fab Foil to some pretty die cut butterflies.


I began by adding some Stick-It double sided adhesive sheet to a piece of white card. From this, I die cut two of the smaller butterfly from the Pretty Pink Posh Bold Butterflies die set, making sure to have the adhesive on the top layer.

I removed the adhesive backing from the butterflies, then placed the Bright Gold Fab Foil over the top. I burnished with my finger, then removed the foil sheet. The foil adheres well to the adhesive sheet. Any areas that are missed, just go back with the fab foil sheet and add more.


Next, I worked on the background. I die cut a rectangle using the Heffy Doodle metric stitched rectangles set. I blended on distress oxide inks in Weathered Wood, Evergreen Bough, and Peacock Feathers.

I flicked the panel with a mix of gold perfect pearls and water, to give more interest to the background. Then I put it aside to dry.


For the sentiment, I die cut the Pretty Pink Posh Celebrate Shaker die twice from white card. I trimmed the die cuts so I was left with the word 'Celebrate', then layered the words to get a dimensional sentiment.

To tie in with the gold theme, I decided to add some Pearl Gold embossing glitter to my sentiment. I used the new embossing ink rollerball refill tool to partially ink the sentiment. I love the control this gives.


I finished by adding some Pretty Pink Posh Pearl White jewels to compliment the white in the sentiment.

Have a lovely day,
Gemma



Comments

  1. What a pretty card Gemma, and such beautiful foiled butterflies and tones of blue, green and grey in the background complement them perfectly, and the partial gold finish to the sentiment tones in really well too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment