Pinata Hearts with Gemma

Today I’m sharing a card using this month’s theme of Hearts, Red and Pink. I used some beautiful shades of embossing powder for lots of shine and sparkle on this clean and simple card.


I began by stamping the heart pinata image from the Pretty Pink Posh Pinata Party stamp set onto white card. I used versafine onyx black ink, stamping the image twice then heat embossing with clear gloss embossing powder.


I chose some different translucent embossing powders - Skinny Chai Latte and Primary Pink Robin, along with Taffeta Pink embossing glitter. Translucent powders work best as they don’t hide the stamped lines of this detail image.


I used an embossing pen to add ink to the different areas, then heat embossed them with the different powders and the WOW dual speed heat tool. I die cut the images with the coordinating dies.


For the background, I used the Reverse Confetti Diagonal Stitched cover panel to add interest. I stamped an image from the Pretty Pink Posh Love Sentiments stamp set, then adhered the embossed hearts to the card, using foam tape behind one for dimension.


Have a lovely day,
Gemma


Comments

  1. This is a beautiful CAS card Gemma, and I adore the mix of embossing powders for the hearts against the pretty diagonal stitches background, and with the sentiment the perfect Valentine card. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment