Corrugated Hearts By Jaine


 I love playing with textures and creating cards with textured elements is very satisfiying. 

I had a piece of corrugated card on my craft table which was left over from another project and wondered how it would look if I embossed over the top of it. I lightly went over with a little gesso, almost dry brushing it on, to give it a slightly worn finish before cutting out the heart. I then tapped my Embossing pad over the top to catch the ridges and embossed in a lovely dark pinky/red shade of powder called Primary Pink Robin. 


I also embossed a larger heart in Metalline Red which I chose to use on my card front adding a die cut word from Pretty Pink Posh, embossed with the new Black Magic which is in the shops soon. I love the slightly grungy look the heart has especially with the gesso peeking out from underneath.


Why not have a go for yourself, it's great fun and brings out the texture superbly!

Jaine


Comments

  1. I love the texture the corrugated card gives the heart and it looks great with the gesso and the heat embossing in that pretty red, and the sparkly silver looks so pretty with it too Jaine. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment