Happy Happy Birthday with Gemma

Today I’m sharing a card with some beautiful embossed die cut words as the focus. I think this style works really well for masculine cards especially.


I began by working on the background. On a white card base, I inked over the Altenew Watercolour Stripes stencil with cracked pistachio and peacock feathers distress oxide inks. I then flicked the background with water for those lovely droplet details.


Next, I die cut the Pretty Pink Posh Happy Birthday script die twice from white card. I temporarily adhered the die cut words to a strip of card, as it’s easier to add embossing ink and heat powders on die cut words if you have something to hold.


I covered the words with WOW embossing ink, then sprinkled on WOW Calypso embossing glitter and heated with the WOW dual speed heat tool. Once the embossing was cooled, I removed them from the strip of card. 


As the embossed words were a similar colour to my background, I decided to offset a white diecut word behind each one. I then adhered the words to the card.

To finish, I added some enamel dots in matching colours.


Have a lovely day,
Gemma


Comments

  1. I love the pretty background stripes moving from green to blue Gemma and the large sparkly sentiment looks great over the top. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment