Guest Designer .....Michelle Short

 

We are super excited that Michelle has another creation to showcase on our blog.
Please make her feel welcome and hope you enjoy her card creation as much as we do.
 
Hello there, Michelle here and I am delighted to share another card here on the WOW Embossing Powder blog. Today I have a Christmas card to share that uses the beautiful Oyster Glintz Embossing Powder.

 
To start my card off, I took a panel of watercolour paper and masked off the edges to leave a smaller rectangle open in the middle. I took Distress Inks in Candied Apple, Festive Berries and Worn Lipstick and blended these on to the panel with an ink blending tool. I spritzed the piece with Iridescent Spray, removed the masking tape and set aside to dry.
 

I took the poinsettia image from the Altenew Festive Poinsettia stamp set and stamped this with WOW Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Ink on to a piece of vellum. I applied WOW Oyster Glintz Embossing Powder and heat set. The Oyster powder is a pretty shimmering cream colour and I thought this would work beautifully with the reds in the background. The image was then die cut out with the coordinating die. I added the background piece to a white A2 card base with tape runner and then added the poinsettia on top with small dabs of Multi Medium Matte glue.
 
 
I took the 'Merry Christmas' sentiment from the Clearly Besotted Tiny Type set and stamped this on to black cardstock with WOW Clear Ultra Slow Drying Ink. I applied WOW Opaque Bright White Superfine Embossing Powder and heat set. This was cut in to a strip and added to the card with foam tape. To finish off, I added a few Iridescent Jewels to the card.
 
Here is the video showing how I made the card:
 


That's it from me for the mean time. I do hope to be back guest designing with WOW again in the future, though. A big thank you goes to the WOW Embossing Powder team for having me and thank you for visiting the blog today. Have a great day!
 

Comments

  1. I love your red tones in the background Michelle, and with a bit of shimmer on that and the pretty vellum poinsettia, this is so so pretty, and love the contrast with the white on black sentiment, and then those little gems to finish. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment