Abstract Circles by Jaine

 I am a big fan of abstract art and use it alot in my journals and on cards. This card might take a little time to make but it's loads of fun and worth the effort.


I've a set of nesting circle dies and used this to cut different sizes with holes. If you don't have circles you could try with any other shapes like squares or hearts for example.


On a piece of watercolour paper I used my embossing pen to make marks covering it with Opaque bright white powder. I also used a stippling brush and an embossing pad to make some bigger patches.


 With the marks embossed I added patches of watercolour and when this was dry I went over with a fine liner adding marks and words.


I embossed the circles in different colours of powders which was a good opportunity to play with lots of different colours together. I double embossed the bigger ones to get a deeper colour. On a couple of the circles double embossing made the powder separate as it was heated a second time. I don't actually mind this look as it gives it a bit of a distressed feel. 


The word die just finishes it off nicely and I love how the embossing powders give the circles a much richer finish.



 I hope my card made you smile and you'll create your own bit of abstract art.

Jaine x

Comments

  1. This distressed look is great Jaine, and all the colours work well together, and I love the idea of the different sized circles..a clever piece of abstract art. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat, I did have lots of fun putting it together. x

      Delete

Post a Comment