Skip to main content

Foils and stencils by Jaine.



One really cool way to achieve a distressed look with your foils is to use a stencil.  It's as easy as using a stamp and all you need extra is a piece of cut and dry foam or a stencil brush to help you.


You could tape down the paper and the stencil to stop them both from moving while you add the embossing ink through the design but I like to live on the edge as you can see.


With the Bonding Powder added to the ink you can see how random I've been. I wanted the background to be more distressed so deliberately didn't ink through the whole of the stencil.


After heating the bonding powder I added the foil and look how it shines in the sunlight.


For my card I used a pre-inked piece of card and used a contrasting colour of foil for vibrancy.  I also added a heart which was cut from a double sided sticky sheet and foil added to one of the sticky sides. I mounted this onto the card with a few sequins and some metalic thread.



TIP :  If you find your bonding powder has cooled before you can add the foil just heat it up again with the heat gun and reapply the foil.

Jaine x



Comments

  1. I adore this beautiful foiled background and heart Jaine and thank you for the step by step. I love that teal foil too, such a pretty colour. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat I'm glad you like it, the teal is my favourite I think.

      Delete

Post a comment

Popular posts from this blog

Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.




I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!


Here are brief instructions on how to make it:



STEP ONE

Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some t…

#spreadjoynotgerms Official Blog Hop

#spreadjoynotgerms
Official Blog Hop
We are playing along this fabulous blog hop that both Catherine Pooler and  Alexandra Stapleton- Smith has organised. 
Some of our fabulous design team members have made you some wonderful creations for you today even our very own Marion Emberson. Please visit the list below of our Design Team members.
We are really excited about spreading inspiration and joy to all of the fellow stampers that are home, alone, anxious...or just bored!
We are so excited about this hop!  We have 31 sponsors and 153 bloggers participating.  We’re about to spread a whole lot of joy to those that are doing their part, staying home and NOT spreading germs!  WOOOT!

Happy memories - embossed background

I must admit I was having a bit of a problem coming up with a memory keeping project for this months post. I have been making almost only cards lately and had a bit of a problem filling a whole layout. I do make some layouts and lately I've been partial to letter sized layouts because the format remind me of cards and makes it easier for me to plan the page. This time I made a A4 sized layout because it's easier for me to find the page protectors in regular stores here. I used some good cardstock that doesn't warp much when you heat it or add water since i knew I would emboss it.
Here's what I did. I picked the pretty Chrysanthemum background stamp and embossed it in Silver Pearl embossing powder three times in a row across the background. I must admit I was more than a little inspired by Isha Guptas cards for her guest post earlier this week. I used distress inks in Twisted Citron and Mermaid Lagoon and applied with an ink blending tool randomly over the embossed are…