Fab Foil Post: Jo Herbert


Hi All, welcome to my very first blog post for WOW.  I am very excited to show case the Fab Foil products in today's' post. I have to say these products have not only been easy to to play with but so much fun at the same time. WOW has such a beautiful array of foil colours. 

Today I have used the Violet foil with watercolouring. When using the bonding powder with the fab foil I have found that the foil becomes so permanent on the cardstock that I can easily watercolour over the foil image. The possibilities are endless and my mind just sparked with so many light bulb moments in this process. 


I have repeat stamped the Happy sentiment from Mr Wow's wonderful words stampset in a circle mask. 


Using the WOW's embossing pad I stamped the leaves from the Flights of Fancy stampset then heat embossed with the bonding powder leaving it sticky whilst placing the Violet Fab Foil over the stamped image inserting the cardstock in between a folded piece of copy paper then feeding it in a laminator.


The bonding powder has worked so well with the foil that I was able to watercolour over the Fab foil with Kuretake watercolours and an aqua brush painter.


After cutting out each watercoloured image I placed this on the card over the main circle stamped image. 



I have created a You Tube on how I created and played with the fab foil and created today's card. 



I hope you enjoyed today's card creation and video. 


Happy Paper crafting hugs.
Jo





Comments

  1. A really pretty card Joanne and love the masked circle with the sentiment inked all over it, and then the beautiful foiled leaves with just that bit of colour look great over the top. I just wondered if it is possible to use the bonding powder with the foil without passing it through a laminator. I have read that you can stamp with the embossing ink, add the bonding powder, heat set it, and then add the foil, and after removing the excess foil heat again with your heat tool to make sure it is set. Is this possible?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment