My memories...

Hello there!

Thank you for stopping by to check out our blog and our new theme for the month - Memories!

I'm not a Scrapbooker or someone who really records events - although I probably should!  When presented with this theme I thought about what it meant to me.  

Myself and my enduring Other Half have been together 6 years this month and I don't know about you, but anniversaries always make me think of when it all began...we have many memories of when we met and all the things we have done together since and so my card for this month pays homage to my DOH :)

OK, boring bit over!  Here's my card...







This is the card that I am going to give to my DOH on our anniversary - it's about as masculine as I could muster for a soppy card!  He'll understand!!  :)

I started by stamping the Vintage Wallpaper stamp in Versamark and then added Black Glint embossing glitter to the majority of the image.  Once I'd shaken off the excess, I added Calypso embossing glitter to 'catch' on any areas that weren't already covered by the black powder.  I wanted it to be mostly black with random areas of turquoise.  The Black Glint and Calypso powders compliment each other very nicely as the Black Glint has a subtle sparkle, one might even say 'glint'! and the Calypso powder has a much brighter sparkle.  These guys are fast becoming my favourite powders - and let me tell you, they have some tough competition within the WOW! family! 

I stamped the words 'I love you' from the Express Yourself stamp set and embossed them in Metallic Silver. A little bit of mounting and embellishing later and voila!





I just hope he likes it and that it's not too girly for him!  ;)  

There are some lovely entries in the gallery already - I'm looking forward to seeing plenty more!  I can't wait to see how everyone interprets this theme as it has such scope :)

Thanks again for stopping by ;)












WOW! Supplies
Vintage Wallpaper Background Stamp
Express Yourself Stamp Set
Black Glint Embossing Glitter
Calypso Embossing Glitter
Metallic Silver Regular

Comments