Sparkling Happy Birthday Card


Hello! Nicole here and I am excited to share this fun card with you today. I have been having so much fun with some embossing glitter powders from WOW, so I decided to create a card using one them. 

I recently got a dog die and wanted to create a birthday card for a friend who loves dogs. I decided to add the Black Twinkle embossing glitter powder to dress up the dog. 


The die-cut piece has skinny legs and a skinny tail so to make sure that embossing powder gets on every part of the cut out piece, I attached it to a white scrap paper using some temporary adhesive. This method comes in really handy when you emboss sentiments or any detailed die-cut piece. After adhering it to the scrap paper, I pressed the Versamark Ink Pad on to the paper piece.


Check out this gorgeous glitters! I love the fact that once you heat set the glitter powder, glitters don't really fall out and get everywhere. Less mess the better, in my opinion! I wanted to create a collar for the dog, so I took out the WOW embossing pen and drew a line on to the neck area. It is simple and easy to customize the look using the embossing pen.


Here is the finished look for the dog die-cut piece. Isn't it just so cute? Collar is heat embossed with the Cardinal Red embossing powder. I left the rest of the card pretty simple, if you look closely, you will see some paw watermark on the background of the card. I took out a paw print stencil from my stash and added Versamark right on top of it. This is a quick way to create a very subtle watermark background for the card.


I also heat embossed the sentiment with the Cardinal Red embossing powder. Using a matching color for the sentiment and for the collar of the dog, this creates more of a soft unified look. To pop out the focal point, I used couple of yellow enamel dots as accents. Hope you enjoyed the project and a quick tutorial! Thank you for stopping by and have fun embossing today!

Hugs, Nicole

Comments