Flower mosaic

Hello there, Maya here with two garden inspired cards. I love gardens full of flowers in all colors. I don't like taking care of my own garden, I've learned the hard way to keep it simple. It's a bit like that with my cards too. I love seeing all these cards full of pretty flowers but I can't make them myself. I had a lot of trouble coming up with some inspiration for the garden themed challenge this month until i remembered to simplify. Well, the technique is a bit time consuming depending on how intricate the design is. One was quicker than the other, but it is so much fun and the effect is great!


Here's how to do it. I used my Cameo to cut out two flower designs out of white cardstock. Save all the pieces, even the tiny ones. For this card (the quicker one) I embossed the outlines with Ebony black embossing powder. I started with attaching the big square piece from around the flowers onto a kraft colored card base. I then glued down the embossed piece like a puzzle piece inside the white outside piece. Some of the petals I colored with Inktense pencils and glued down inside the embossed outline. Some I just colored right onto the kraft cardstock. I also stamped and embossed a greeting and adhered some pearls as embellishments.


Here I tipped the card to show the embossed inlayed effect. It looks really cool and dimensional even though it really is flat!


The other card took a bit longer to make but it was well worth the time. Here I embossed all of the pieces of the cut out in different colors before puzzling it all together again and adhering to the kraft colored card base. It turned out so very pretty! 


Here is a close up of the inlayed design. Pretty, right? I hope you got inspired to make some garden themed projects. If you don't own a Cameo or other electronic die cutting system you can use any die or hand cut a design as long as you save all the pieces. Here is a list of all the embossing powders and stamps I used for my cards. 





Comments

  1. These are both so wonderful the black outlined one is so striking :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment