Skip to main content

A love for any thing Altered

Hello and welcome back all.  I hope you have all been excited about this months challenge as I have!  The project I am going to share to day had its ups and down,  and lots of learning curves along the way.

WARNING: 
 PLEASE IF YOU ARE GOING TO EMBOSS ON GLASS, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IT CAN CRACK, SMASH.  IT TRULY IS AWESOME FUN TO DO, BUT PLEASE DO TAKE CARE NOT TO HURT YOURSELF.

Today I am sharing with you an altered window!  I totally love it and i am going to find the perfect spot for it in the family room.  

I have embossed the entire glass panel in this window with WOW bright white embossing powder, I used a mask to bake the pattern and then poured the embossing powder over, tapped off and heated with my heat gun.


Close up of the embossed glass


please be careful when you heat the glass as the temperature of the heat gun will crack it.  I ended up applying a thick layer of multi medium to the back of the glass so it would all stay in place over time.


I made several of the flowers using some yummy graphic 45 papers and used my melting pot to melt some ultra thick copper embossing powder mixed with so back for the branches.



I used a few of the Wow embossing powder moulds to make the roses out of ultra think white embossing powder, these are so much fun to make :-)


I embossed the metal clips with bright white embossing powder to hang my photos


I also stamped, cut and inked all the leaves.


WOW Embossing products used for this project.
WOW Ultra thick bright white
WOW regular bright white
WOW regular Primary Ebony (black)
WOW Ultra thick copper
WOW Melt-it Powder
Medium Rose silicone mould
plus another rose mould that is not up on site


I hope you have enjoyed my share today,  would love to hear what you think, so please do leave me a comment.  Happy Scrappin everyone xox Donna


Comments

  1. this is wonderful - and thanks for the warnings - my glass went okay but I guess i could have been less fortunate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love embossing on glass ...your project looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I don't think I would have thought about using a window.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life's A Beach

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you're all well and getting very creative this month!
As this month's challenge is summer and I live on an island it seemed only natural that my inspiration card would feature sea and sand.
To create my beach scene I started off with a piece of pale blue card and a rubbed a Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad across the top several times. I then sprinkled WOW Peppermint Tea Powder and Under The Sea Glitter over the top, tapped off the excess and melted with a heat tool. I created the sand underneath using Gold Pearl Powder.


For the sea I ran a line of PVA glue in the middle of the sky and sand with my finger, sprinkled with Under The Sea Glitter and melted with a heat tool. For the waves I added small areas of PVA straight from the nib of the bottle when added Opaque White Powder.




The birds and sentiment I have used Opaque British Summer Powder which is one of my favourite new powders, great colour and great name!
Finally, I added beach in…

Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.




I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!


Here are brief instructions on how to make it:



STEP ONE

Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some t…

Altenew’s 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop + Giveaway!

Hi Everyone!
Welcome to the Altenew 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop! If this is the first post you are reading and you would like to hop along you can start here on the Altenew Blog!
Altenew was kind enough to send us some stamps to play with and invited us to participate in the blog hop! There are some awesome prizes to be won and we also have a $30 gift certificate to give away to spend in our shop! Be sure to leave  comments on all 4 days of the blog hop to get a chance to win some amazing prizes!
I got to play with two Altenew Stamps: Basic Borders and Thinking Of You. I loved them so much I made two projects with them! 

I created this very easy background using the entire stamp set as a background and inked it up with our WOW! Embossing Powder Inkpad (UK Shop, US Shop) and using a variety of our Primary Embossing Powders (UK Shop, US Shop) to create this rainbow effect! <3 The Primary Embossing Powders go really well with each other and I simplay love how glossy they are. 


To finish…