Spruce up a Wreath with Wow Embossing Powders

Hi again -  Chris here with another project for you - A Christmas Wreath.

For  this months's theme I have made a wreath to hang indoors this Christmas. I treated myself to an early Christmas present - some leaf Dies for my machine so thought I would see what they turned out like if you embossed them.  I used a colour scheme that would match my decor and my Christmas theme this year of browns, copper and golds.  

I embossed a variety of leaves with various sparkle and gold powders to add a bit of bling to the piece and make it look more Christmassy.

To make the wreath, cut out a circle of cardboard and cover it with a variety of cut out leaves in your chosen colour sheme.. I used a glue gun to stick them on for speed as ordinary PVA takes ages to dry.   I then embossed some of the leaves with gold, , copper metallic and Sahara powder from the Desert Sands set.


Once your wreath is covered with the plain leaves, add the embossed leaves on top to give your wreath some Christmas sparkle. I also embossed a chipboard sentiment with Gold Regular Embossing Powder to add to the top of the wreath.

Ribbon and raffia was added on the back to hang up the wreath on a door or in an inside window.

Products used were
Desert Sands - Sahara
Metallic Copper Regular 
Metallic Gold Rich UH
Heat gun

Comments

Post a Comment