Paintbrush Pot - A Recycled "Pringles" tube

Use your crisp tubes to create something new - and you get to eat the crisps too......

....Hi, Chris here again with this month's theme

Iv'e altered a "Pringles" crisp tube to create a Paintbrush holder for all my brushes and bits and pieces. (The crisps went a long time ago.)

To make this project I cut the tube in half and covered it with stamped tissue paper using the Butterfly from the With Love Clear  stamp set.

I then melted some Melt-It Powder into a Melt Pot then added Seafoam White and Lilac Shimmer powders. I then dipped the top of the tube into the melted powders. It ran over the edge a little which gave it a natural look. I then poured more melted powder onto the Brocade stamp and pressed a Butterfly cookie cutter into the powders. Once cool I peeled off the solid powders and the stamp was impressed into the melted powder. I removed the cookie cutter to reveal a stamped butterfly. Before the image was too cold, I bent it slightly so it would sit nicely over the tube. I then added copper and gold mica powders for a shimmery effect.

Two wires were added for antennae and pearls for the body. I then embossed a button and two die-cut butterflies with the same powders. Pearls were added for the bodies of the Butterflies and a little raffia tie for the top of the tube. Hey presto, a Paintbrush Holder.

Products used:  Seafoam White Powder
                        Melt It Powder 
                        Brocade Stamp 
                        With Love Clear Stamp Set
                        Lilac shimmer

Comments

  1. Bloomin' gorgeous :)
    Great effects from great techniques :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Chris, I want one too :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment