Old and Dated to New and Pretty

Don't you just love going into Junk shops, recycle store or similar and finding bits that are really just utter junk and thinking that you can turn it into something usable.  I LOVE IT!  and do it all the time.  Don't tell anyone but most of the birthday pressies and Christmas pressies I have made have started from the junk Shop. 

I really want to do a before and after shot of this but when I started this project it was at night,  so please. please forgive the quality of the first photo.
Here we go...




I had so much fun making this,  I am going to give it to my sweet Jadie for her earrings. It has two little draws down at the bottom perfect for that.





A few close ups.....

I used white gesso to start with and covered the whole box,  once it was dry I painted it with Broken china distress paint and then I chose the totally Yummy stamp from wow and stamped over all the flat surfaces.  Sprinkled with white wow embossing powder and lastly decorated with flowers and other embellishments


I really do love those two little draws,  you can see on the top and draw fronts the delish stamping and how using wow embossing powder picks up the detail even on wood and paint.


I brought this wee birdie home the other day and he made his home on top of my lamp.  I think he may have found a new home,  such a cutie.

WOW EMBOSSING PRODUCTS USED:


Brocade - Clear Stamp
Brocade Stamp

WL01 Bright White

Bright white 

Well that's all from me tonight,  take care and happy Scrappin   xox  Donna :-)
Project by Donna O'Leary



Comments