Baby Joseph

Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by the WOW! blog today. Today I am going to share with you my very first canvas project ever. I have been seeing tons of these lately and finally decided to give one a try!!


Our oldest God Daughter had her first child on Easter Sunday and I made this for her and her husband to hang in their house (if they like it....). So I started off with a plain white 5x7 canvas. I took a few sheets of some older Basic Grey paper that I had laying around and torn them into strips. Using Mod Podge glue I layered the paper strips onto the canvas. Next I took gesso and painted it on top of the paper strips. I sprayed the gesso with water to thin it down so the paper could show through more. Once that was dried I used my embossing stamp pad and inked the entire canvas. I then covered it with Neutral Ultra Shimmer Embossing Powder. After heat setting the powder I then took the heart boarder stamp from the Gratitude Stamp set and randomly stamped the hearts on the canvas using the Jet Black StazOn ink pad.


I just love how the whole thing just sparkles from using the Neutral Ultra Shimmer on top of the background paper. After that I just added some embellishments and a picture of their precious new little boy and it was done! I can't wait to give it to them. Now I am on the hunt for a good shadow box frame to put it in.

Well, that's all I have for today so thanks for stopping by. I would encourage everyone to give creating on a canvas a try....it was sooooo much fun!!

Warmly,
Sherrie!

Comments