Skip to main content

Art Journal Every Day December - Christmas Traditions

Hi there, Birgit here! Welcome to the WOW! blog today!

This is my last post on this blog. As from January I will be switching to the WOW! UK/Global Blog.
Thank you Suzy, Gina and Wow! Design Team members for a wonderful year! And thank you readers for reading my blog posts! I hope I was able to inspire you and jump start your creativity! Hopefully I will see you all again on the UK blog!

It's almost Christmas and I want to share with you an art journal page about my Christmas tree decorations for which I created an embossed Christmas tree.


I started with applying an Adhesive Sheet (Scrapbook AdhesivesTM by 3L) to a piece of cardstock and embossed it with a mix of green embossing powders, Glamour Green Glitter, Earthtone Olive Regular, Primary Evergreen Super Fine (WOW! Embossing Powders).

AJED december13 - step1  AJED december13 - step2

Then I tore the embossed paper into pieces, creating the branches of the tree.

AJED december13 - step3

I added some turquoise acrylic paint to 2 pieces of patterend paper to create a background and applied the branches to the paper starting from the bottom layering the pieces of embossed paper.

AJED december13 - step4  AJED december13 - step6

I used an E-Z Runner, only covering the middle part of the branches. The edges of the branches being not glued down and curling up a little reinforces the effect of the layers.

AJED december13 - step7  AJED december13 - step8

After I finished the tree I added the journaling using a white sharpie. All the German song titles of Peter
Alexanders Christmas songs :)

AJED december13 - step9

I added crystals as Christmas ornaments and highlighted some of the words.

The wooden snowflake was embossed with Silver Hologram Sparkle embossing powder for a sparkling effect.

AJED december13 - day 8 - detail1

The finished left side:

AJED december13 - day 8 -left

The finished right side:

AJED december13 - day 8 -right

Thank you for stopping by today in these busy times! Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas!!

Birgit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life's A Beach

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you're all well and getting very creative this month!
As this month's challenge is summer and I live on an island it seemed only natural that my inspiration card would feature sea and sand.
To create my beach scene I started off with a piece of pale blue card and a rubbed a Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad across the top several times. I then sprinkled WOW Peppermint Tea Powder and Under The Sea Glitter over the top, tapped off the excess and melted with a heat tool. I created the sand underneath using Gold Pearl Powder.


For the sea I ran a line of PVA glue in the middle of the sky and sand with my finger, sprinkled with Under The Sea Glitter and melted with a heat tool. For the waves I added small areas of PVA straight from the nib of the bottle when added Opaque White Powder.




The birds and sentiment I have used Opaque British Summer Powder which is one of my favourite new powders, great colour and great name!
Finally, I added beach in…

Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.




I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!


Here are brief instructions on how to make it:



STEP ONE

Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some t…

Altenew’s 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop + Giveaway!

Hi Everyone!
Welcome to the Altenew 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop! If this is the first post you are reading and you would like to hop along you can start here on the Altenew Blog!
Altenew was kind enough to send us some stamps to play with and invited us to participate in the blog hop! There are some awesome prizes to be won and we also have a $30 gift certificate to give away to spend in our shop! Be sure to leave  comments on all 4 days of the blog hop to get a chance to win some amazing prizes!
I got to play with two Altenew Stamps: Basic Borders and Thinking Of You. I loved them so much I made two projects with them! 

I created this very easy background using the entire stamp set as a background and inked it up with our WOW! Embossing Powder Inkpad (UK Shop, US Shop) and using a variety of our Primary Embossing Powders (UK Shop, US Shop) to create this rainbow effect! <3 The Primary Embossing Powders go really well with each other and I simplay love how glossy they are. 


To finish…