I decided to make a gift card that holds tea lights, but you could replace these with a small present of your choice such as pencils/pens or chocolates.
I found the template for this on You Tube; there are quite a few variations of this card but I wanted one that sealed top and bottom so this is the version I chose.
I used the Gratitude Clear Stamp Set, the Funky Border Strips and Indigo Super Fine Embossing Powder, Little-Lou Purple Glitz and White Twinkle Embossing Glitter.
If you would like to know the dimensions for this project please read on......
- Cut a piece of card 12" x 9" and lay it out with the 12" edges running top and bottom.
- Score from one end at ½", 1¼", 2¾" and 3½" and fold - these are the folds that make the box.
- From the last score line (3½") measure 5" and score again. This will form the card part.
- Measure ¾" from top and bottom edge and cut the card away from the 3½" score line to the side as per the picture below:
- At this point also cut away the top and bottom corners and cut notches into the score lines so that you can fold and glue the box. (I've turned my card round as I want my box on the right).
- You are now ready to stick and decorate your card (maybe cut out a window in the box top and back with acetate as I have done).
I hope these instructions make sense and you have fun creating something different!
Please keep popping back to see what other fab projects our Design Team have to show you.
Bye for now
Indigo Super Fine Embossing Powder
Little-Lou Purple Glitz Embossing Glitter