Incy Wincy Spider!

Hi All, Rachel here with my blog post for this months challenge.

Now I have to confess I've had a bit of a hectic time lately; we moved house at the beginning of the month and with all the upheaval this brings, as well as work and my other crafting commitments I've not quite followed this months brief. Yes, Halloween is my theme but I've not had the time to play as much as I would have liked, so no mixes I'm afraid. I hope Tania, our esteemed leader, will not be too cross with me!

Now Halloween is special in our house as my number 2 child has his birthday on 31 October. Many dark and ghoulish cards have been produced over the years (oh yes, he has a dark side!).

For this offering I chose quite a simple card to re-produce, but I think it follows the theme perfectly:

 
If you'd like to know how and what I used please read on.....


I inked up a piece of textured card and covered it with Opaque Primary Mandarin embossing powder. I did this a couple of times and got a lovely textured effect on my background which just shows in the pictures.
Then using a WOW Embossing Pen I drew my spiders web onto heat embossable acetate and embossed using Ebony Super Fine EP. The spider was stamped and embossed in the same way and then cut to create a dangly bit that I attached to the back of my background.
As acetate can be awkward to stick on I used brads as you can see.

Well that's all for now. Please don't forget to pop back and see what other Halloween inspired projects our fab DT have made.

Rachel x

Products used: Opaque Primary EP - Mandarin
                         Ebony EP - Super Fine
                         WOW! Embossing Pen

Comments

  1. Fab project Rachel. Love the spider web theme.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the layers and the springy spider - the Mandarin is the perfect Halloween colour too :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and you're so on trend as ORANGE is THE colour for the next year !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project! The orange is really popping.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment