WOW Embossing Powders = WOW Projects!

Hi everybody!!! Amy Prior here today to share some recent creations using fabulous WOW Embossing Powders. I love WOW powders mainly because they are so easy to add the perfect touches to any project and without too much fuss or effort if that is what I am going for. Checkout these projects featuring small WOW details that help take these projects from Good to WOW! hehe yes I am a dork who likes play on words.....

First up is a fabulous card that would warm the coldest of hearts on any occassion. At first glance, the WOW powder may not be as obvious however the Chipboard words have been coated with a layer of one of my faves, Suzy West Bubblegum Pink, and the beautiful Handmade Halo Resin Flower in the centre of my "sun" was originally a pretty shade of peach. Peach just didn't work perfectly so a quick coat of Suzy West California Sunshine and we are back in business! How cool is this card and it honestly was such a quickie for me! The longest part was waiting for the Helmar 450 to dry under the twine and we all know how quick that stuff dries LOL.


This next card I wanted to share with you has some subtle WOW additions. The Chipboard title has been coated with a luscious layer of Suzy West Whirly Pop Powder and the cute handmade flower has some edges of Suzy West Sour Lemon Powder


Onto a couple of layouts now and have a look at this fabulous layout. This is a very personal layout for me and was a process for me to create however I still wanted to be able to add my girlie touches to the layout and didn't feel I could go overboard with flowers etc like I usually would. Instead I grabbed one of my trusty Handmade Halo Resin Embellishments...


How cute is this? This resin piece was originally all Cream colour and with my trusty WOW Embossing Powders on hand, this resin embellishment is a feature on this layout. Using my Embossing Pen I have added each colour seperately. First up the large flowers, for these I have added a mixture of Suzy West Bubblegum, Suzy West Whirly Pop & Fluorescent Magenta. Once this was melted, I could add more spots if needed and this is of course, the benefits of an embossing pen! The smaller flowers then got a beautiful coating of Sierra's Sunrise WOW Embossing Glitter. Did I hear you say yummy! Yep Embossing Glitter is definately one of my faves hehe. Next up is the leaves and I decided to go with Metalline Green for these bad boys. How flippin cool is this colour yum! Ok so yes I get a little excited with WOW colours LOL. My last little addition to the resin was adding some dark pink Glimmer Glam into the small flower centres as they looked like they needed some more colour then voila! How fab is the end result? My own custom made embellishment perfect for my page.


Last but not least, I have a beautiful shabby layout to share using one of my definate favourites from WOW, Ultra High Gold Rich. Yep, I loveeee this colour and use it so regularly! This layout again has a very subtle WOW addition but I think it rocks the page!


Checkout the fabulous Tim Holtz Die Cut Clock under my flower cluster. Did you notice it at first glance? This beauty has been die cut out of Canvas and then embossed. I just love the height of my Ultra High Gold Rich Powder when it is melted but I also love the ultra funky way it reacts with fabric. The powder is torn between it's raising properties and being soaked into and through the weaves in the fabric. It is just beautiful to watch and leaves an amazing textured effect. Of course all WOW Embossing Powders have this awesome effect when used on fabric but the thickness of the Ultra High is just that teeny bit more awesome!


Well that is it from me today, I hope I have helped inspire you all to see the smaller ways you can add WOW to your everyday projects. Be sure to leave some love and let me know which of my shared projects is your favourite today.

Until next time...happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xxx

Comments