Steampunk Wall Hanging

Jen Matott here to share a Steampunk-themed project that started out as a card front and emerged into a wall hanging because I just couldn't stop myself from adding more and more!  I started with a shipboard base and used modeling paste through a Prima gear stencil. 


 I used Basically Bare's gears in chipboard and cardboard and applied VersaMark to them and added the metallic powders in Ultra High Gold and Regular Silver and Regular Copper.  These powders create such an amazing metallic surface that it appears to be real metal!  I also stamped a wing onto a wing chipboard piece and embossed the felt key with silver powder!  It gives it a very shimmery and flocked appearance!
 The dressform is also Basically Bare and I peeled away the top layer and stamped VersaMark again to the raised areas and embossed Ultra High Gold and Regular Copper.


Here you can see that while the Ultra High Gold was wet, I added a bit of Black Glint to mix in.  Gives it an aged look don't you think?

Here's a bit of the copper cardboard gear peaking out of the hat shape. 



I added some May Arts Ribbon, a doily and some bling and metal rings to complete this piece!  It was so much fun to make and once it finished I knew it was going to hang on my wall instead of be mailed to someone!  I added some ribbon and a ring to hang it with.

Are you as crazed with the Steampunk/ gear look as I am?

Supplies:
WOW Metallic Embossing powders in Ultra High Gold, Regular Silver, Regular Copper
Wow Embossing powder in Black Glint
Basically Bare chipboard from Hats & Stashes, Gears, Dressform, and Frames
May Arts Ribbon
Prima metal Gears/ hatpin & Stencil
Feathers,
The Rubber Cafe bling and stamps
Golden Paint Modeling paste

Comments