A vintage swirls Hello!

Hello!  Jen Roach here and today I have a vintage inspired hello card for you using four of the Suzy West Earth tone colours from the Pantry Collection.  I've used this gradient technique several times now and I love how all the colours coordinate so that you can use them all on one project! 

For this card, I stamped the brocade stamp in Versamark ink onto some white cardstock and then added one colour of embossing powder at a time before heating the whole panel at the end.

Here's a close up of the flowers and embossing.  I used a blending sponge to apply dark brown distress ink across the embossed panel. I used more ink at the edges and then kept swirling inwards.  Another advantage to using some distress inks after embossing is that it covers any of the spots that might not have been completely covered with the embossing powder (due to incomplete inking of the stamp on my part). 


Supplies:
WOW! Embossing Powders used:  Suzy West Earthtone Pantry Collection - Blueberry (SW-WJ06), Nutmeg (SW-WJ07), Paprika (SW-WJ00), Olive (SW-WJ03)
WOW! Embossing Powders Stamps:  Brocade Backgrounder
Papers:  Bazzill cardstock, Neenah Cardstock
Inks:  Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Versamark (for embossing)
Accessories:  Fiskars tag punch, Cricut rolled flowers cartridge, Offray ribbon

Comments