Just to say...miss you

Hi, it's Amy here again with 2 cards created using the powders of the month - the 'earthtones'. These are really gorgeous colours and as you can see from all the many different projects posted so far this month they are really versatile too. Here is what I created...

Just to say...


For this card I stamped the 'Fat Sparrows', (a Crafty notions Karantha stamp) 3 times, and embossed the required sections of each image with a different earthtone colour. I used honey for the sparrows, pomegranate for the background squares and pepper for the soil. I cut out each section of the image and mounted them on the white card using foam pads to give dimension. I then backed this with orange card, added red ribbon, stamped the 'Just to Say' sentiment from the 'Everyday Sentiments' WOW stamp set and embossed with pomegranate.  

Miss you


I used the Claudine Hellmuth 'Dwelling' foam stamp set for this card. I inked the foam stamp with versamark, stamped onto white card,, carefully poured 3 different earthtone colours on to the different sections (working quickly apply one colour and tap off the excess powder before moving on to the next colour), and heat embossed it. The colours I used were pomegranate, grape and olive. I then mounted the stamped piece onto orange card, stamped the 'miss you' sentiment, (again from the 'Everyday Sentiments' WOW stamp set), and embossed with grape, mounted this onto orange card again and stuck both pieces onto a green background paper.  

I think these also meet the brief of cards for men and could be used for a number of different occasions... what do you think?

Comments

  1. Gorgeous set of cards, Amy! The bird one made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment