Drips and Drops

Hi!  Jen Matott here and I wanted to share a fun technique that I discovered but before I do, I want to tell you about a fun thing we are doing this week!!! We are collaborating with the Paper Crafts Library!!!! This entire week is Wow! week, and every day of this week our designers and their designers have created fantastic projects featuring Wow! Embossing Powders. There are lots of free video tutorials and we're giving away a set of 12 embossing powders on the Paper Crafter's Library Blog, and a set of 6 embossing powders here on the Wow! Blog.


  I was looking for a drippy painted look but with embossing powders.  In order to create the drippy look, I had to find an adhesive that would drip and stay sticky after drying.  I have some gold leafing adhesive that you paint on and allow to dry before applying gold leaf. 

 Here's what you need and I'm going to show you how I did this!
If you don't have a dropper, you could use a paintbrush or plastic spoon to drip onto the page with.
I used a dropper to create a puddle and then tipped my page to create a drip.   I also splattered the dropper a bit to create some drops.
 I let the adhesive dry for a few hours (or you can use a heat gun to speed it along) and then used Cotton Candy, Earthtone Paprika, Sierra Sunrise, and Angel Wings on the sticky drips!  I used my heat gun and found that it worked great! 
I also used the Gratitude stamps to add some text and loops that match the Prima papers I used.  I was so happy to see that they matched!

Finding out that I can create any shape I want and create free-flowing drips and drops using this adhesive is so exciting and opens up a lot of possibilities for WOW embossing powders! 

Supplies:
WOW! Embossing Powders: Cotton Candy, Earthtone Paprika, Cable Car Red, Sierra Sunrise, Black Glint and Angel Wings.
Stamps:  WOW!  Gratitude
Papers/ Embellishments: Prima
Adhesive: Dynasize La d'ore
VersaMark ink

Here are a few more close ups of the project:

 I hope you liked my technique today and will try it out for yourself! 

Comments

  1. Love your embossed drips and your bright cheerful colors! Great Page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Really like it!!
    //Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That makes for an amazing look!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the drips....going to have to give that a try!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it - I so need to try that! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really cool technique and an AWESOME page!!! Thanks for sharing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great look and technique...thanks for the inspiration and being so creative..I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great technique. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cool technique! Love how you mixed the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for showing this it is great and thanks for this week i always enjoy weeks like these
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - so very creative. I never would have figured out how to do that! Cool page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool technique! Love all the colors of WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a neat technique, and your powders are
    available in such awesome colors. Thank you for
    the opportunity to win some of these powders and for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope I win some of your embossing powders so I can give this a try. Truly a unique technique and very cool effect! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun technique! I'm going to go paw around in my craft supplies and hope that my little-used gold leaf adhesive isn't all dried up. Love it! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so very much for sharing and the outstanding producet that you produce:) i've not purchased any 'certain' brand of embossing powder before because I was not educated on the difference between yours and others. Thank you so very much for the WOW week at Paper Crafter's Library---I truly LOVE LOVE LOVE heat embossing and look forward to becoming more educated on the subject:) Thank you for sponsoring the WOW week at PCL by giving away your to the moon and back embossing powders. Huge hugs!! be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.urbeyondmeasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks tooooo cool. I like to see techniques that are really different! I never would have known to do this. If I win the powders, I'm definitely going to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh I have to get my hands on some of this goodness.....
    Thanks for the tutorial....
    Great design team..
    Thanks for the fun and the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jen, thanks for the instruction on the difficult technique.... love the cluster of embellishments around your photo.
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this idea with a dropper as a tool. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Love this technique and such an awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW (no pun intended), utterly beautiful projects today. The technique used is new for me, but one I will be using for sure. Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm enjoying your blog...just hopped over from Paper Crafters Library. Love your vibrant colors and I'm going to try some of these new-to-me techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now i really can be messy and have brill finished effect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment