Forever Bubbles! By Jaine


Hello there, and Happy 2019!  It's great to be back for another year with WOW! Embossing Powders and it's good to be back creating some exciting new projects which don't involve Christmas! I was going to say glitter but glitter is for life not just for Christmas - right?

The theme for the month is all things aqua, teal and variations in between which, given that I'm a Piscean is right up my street. I think this background stamp is one of my favourites from WOW! and it gave me the starting off point to create this little bubble card with an inky and messy background.

I began with a layer of stamping and embossing in Clear Gloss which would become my resist.

By smooshing (if that's a word) two shades of Distress Ink on my craft sheet and spritzing them with water, I blotted up the ink with the card. I did this a couple of times to deepen the colour.


Once this first layer had dried, I added a few water droplets to the background. 


Before the drops could dry I added one of my favourite powders to it and dried this with my heat tool. Don't linger too long on one spot and dry from beneath as you run the risk of re-melting the first layer. Having said that, if it did melt I don't suppose it would be a disaster as it's clear anyway, plus it's already done its job in terms of resist.


I used the same powder on the die cut word and I love how this powder has a two-tone finish to it once melted.

A few clear bubble pebbles finished it off and the word Smile was layered on both black and white card to make it really stand out. I love the texture in the background and the random spattering the water and powder has created together.



Which colours make you smile?

Jaine




Comments

  1. I love that pretty blue background over the emboss resist bubbles Jaine and the teal embossing adds extra interest especially with the complementary sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, fun, and very cool looking card!! I love teals & aquas but purples are my happy colors :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment