Melt It Embellishments - By Jo Herbert


Hello papercrafters, Jo here with a fun, simple and sweet card playing with the Melt It's and heart moulds.

This is the first time ever that I have played with the Melt It embossing powder and boy oh boy it was super fun, easy and beautiful.

The possibilities are endless and with the range that WOW Embossing has to offer on their glitters, powders and sparkle collection. So many pretties so little time.

For today's card creation I have used the heart mould to create my own embellishments for the card. 

I have mixed the Melt It powder, Coral Beach sparkles premium glitter & Primary Apple Red Super fine. 

To start the process I first pinched the tin foil tray to create a nozzle, to this I attached a pair of tweezers so that I don'r burn myself with holding or touching the tin while heating from the bottom.

I placed the heat tool underneath the tin foil tray until most of the powder is melted. The tip I found is that if I do this first I don't get any of the powders blowing around 'the place.

Now working fast I placed the melted powder in the silicon moulds and let it cool down in the moulds. 

I set this aside to dry while I work on the rest of the card. 


For the card base and card front I have used white card stock which is top folding.
On the card front I have used the MFT rectangle diagonal stitched die as well as the Lawn Fawn hearts die and ran that through the big shot in one motion.
I have added a piece of pattern paper from Cocoa Vanilla "More than words" as well as the coordinating chip boards & stickers from the same collection. 
To add some extra pizzazz to the grey chipboard I have masked off half the sentiment and added some clear slow drying ink on the bottom half then sprinkled the "Hot Gossip" glittered embossing powder and heat set it creating this fun half toned sentiment. 
I placed the chipboard over the heart die cut and added some extra foam behind the centre of the sentiment to make sure it doesn't dip in the centre. 
To finish it off I added as add on sticker sentment.


I hope you enjoyed today's creation and know that if I can do this you can also do it too.
Big paper crafting hugs.
Jo

Comments

  1. This is very pretty and adore those gorgeous red hearts Jo. Thank you for the great video too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment