Embossing on Adhesives

Hello, Birgit here today! Welcome to the WOW! Embossing Blog!
In this post I want to share with you some fun techniques using embossing powders on adhesives.



For the first tag I used an E-Z Dots Permanent dispenser from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L and adhesive to the background randomly. Then I used multiple colors from the new Special Embossing Glitters set Caribbean Jewels (awesome colors!) and heated them. After the embossing I sprayed the tag with spray paint to add color to the open spaces. The embossed parts create a resist.





Ohhh, I love the texture!! When the tag was dry I added some 3D Foam Hearts and embossed them with Indigo Super Fine. I'm a big fan of this color because when you over heat it a little the color changes to a bright shaded pink! One of my favorites!


For the second tag I covered the background with an Adhesive Sheet and put some of the backings of the 3D Foam Hearts on top to cover up parts of the tag. Then I added embossing powder, removed the hearts and added another color of embossing powder to those parts. Then embossed the whole piece in one session.





See how the Indigo embossing powder starts to crackle a bit in combination with the adhesive? What a cool effect!



Materials used: Special Embossing Glitters set Caribbean Jewels, Indigo Super Fine, E-Z Dots Permanent, Adhesive Sheets, 3D Foam Hearts (all adhesive from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L) Tiny Words from Cosmo Cricket, Tattered Angels spray paints.

Thank you for stopping by!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
Happy crafting!

Comments

  1. Super idea with great texture effects :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, was für ein fantastische Tag, ein wirklich genialer Effekt, sieht einfach großartig aus!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment